Conference Theme and Symposia Topics
Human and Planetary Health: Everything is Connected
The health of the planet is closely tied to that of humanity. Research presented at this joint conference of the Society for Economic Botany and Society of Ethnobiology will explore themes of sustainability and conservation, resilience in human-environmental systems, ethical engagement with indigenous communities, and the impact of natural products on human health and therapeutic development.
The conference will center on six major thematic areas, all offering cross-systems insight to planetary and human health:
- Phytochemistry: Reading the Language of Nature
- Psychedelics: From Indigenous Knowledge to Applications in Medicine
- Traditional Medicine and Ethnopharmacology
- Urban Ethnobiology
- Community Based Conservation and Land Management
- Agroecology and the Future of Food
Abstract submissions in other topical areas pertinent to ethnobotany, economic botany, ethnopharmacology, ethnobiology, paleobotany, zooarchaeology, and pharmacognosy are also encouraged.